What Will It Cost?
Editing costs vary. Payment in advance is standard practice, but most of our writers pay by instalments. The cost of an edit usually depends on the amount of work needed to correct and improve the book. This in turn depends on the length of the text and the quality of the writing. We can give you a precise quote when we’ve seen your text. For a Betterwrite edit, remember:
- We try to be affordable to indie writers.
- You’re actually getting two edits: a development edit and a copy-edit.
- Don’t say ‘I can’t afford to have my book edited.’ The fact is, you can’t afford not to.
- Good editing can’t be rushed, and two Betterwrite editors will devote hours of painstaking work to your novel.
- A Betterwrite edit is an investment in your writing: it will raise the quality of your book. You’ll be better equipped to write your next one. You’ll be more aware of your strengths and weaknesses as a writer.
- It might cost less than you think. We aim to be affordable. And payment by instalments makes it much easier.
- As a Betterwrite author, you get free publicity on our website.
- A sample edit and critique is free. Click here.